Macaroni and Cheese: Sweet Butter Braised Maine Lobster with Creamy Lobster Broth and Orzo Enriched with Mascarpone Cheese
Baked Pasta Dishes
- Place the lobster broth in a saucepan and bring it to a simmer. Reduce the broth to a sauce consistency, about 1 cup. Set aside in the pan.
- Cook the orzo as you would pasta, in lightly salted water until just barely cooked. Pour the cooked pasta into a strainer to drain and rinse under cold water. Shake the strainer to remove excess water and add the cooked orzo to the lobster broth.
- Heat the orzo and lobster broth. Bring to a simmer. Add the mascarpone and season with salt to taste. Let it simmer for 1 minute, then remove the pan from the heat and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, place the lobster pieces in one layer in a saucepan. Pour in the Beurre Monté; the lobster should be almost covered. Heat gently to warm the lobster.
- To serve, stir the chives into the orzo. Pipe a circle of coral oil in the bottom of each serving dish. Place about 1/3 cup of orzo in the center of the oil, allowing it to spread the oil out into a larger circle. Arrange a piece of lobster tail and claw in the center of the orzo and top each serving with a Parmesan crisp.