- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 24 medium Gulf shrimp, shelled and deveined
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 poblano pepper, quartered and thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups shrimp stock
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Chopped cilantro
- Chopped peanuts, for serving
- Dirty Rice, for serving
How to make this recipe
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and add to the skillet. Sear on both sides until golden brown, about 1 minute per side. Transfer the shrimp to a plate.
Add the poblano pepper to the skillet and cook until soft. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Add the shrimp stock, bring to a boil and reduce by half. Return the shrimp to the skillet, stir in the butter, lime juice and cilantro and season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon over <a href="/recipes/aspen-2002-dirty-rice">Dirty Rice</a> on a platter and sprinkle with the peanuts.