- 4 small goat cheese rounds (about 2 ounces each)
- 8 extra-thin slices smoked bacon, pancetta, or smoked ham
- About 1 tablespoon minced fresh herbs, such as chives, chervil, tarragon or thyme or a mixture of the herbs
- Sprinkle the herbs on each side of each goat cheese round and press down lightly so they adhere to the cheese. Wrap two slices of bacon, criss-cross fashion, around each round of goat cheese.
- Heat a large, dry nonstick skillet over moderate heat. Add the wrapped cheese and cook until the meat is browned, about 2 minutes per side. Serve as a cheese course.
Make Ahead The goat cheese can be prepared up to 8 hours in advance. Cover and keep the cheese in a cool spot.