- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup hickory chips, soaked in water for 1 hour, then drained (optional)
- 4 large or 8 medium ripe doughnut peaches
- Vanilla ice cream for serving
- Bunch fresh mint, for garnish
Prepare the glaze. Combine all of the ingredients for the glaze in a heavy saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Briskly simmer the glaze until thick and syrupy, 4 to 6 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat.
Set up your grill for direct grilling and preheat to high. If a light smoke flavor is desired, toss the hickory chips on the coals (if using a charcoal grill) or place in a smoker pouch (if using a gas grill).
Grill the peaches until nicely browned on both sides, 2 to 4 minutes per side, basting with the glaze. Transfer the peaches to plates or a platter and top with ice cream, if using. Spoon any remaining glaze over them. Garnish with mint sprigs and serve at once.