Classic Pastry for Rimless Tart
- SERVINGS: MAKES ENOUGH PASTRY FOR TWO 9-INCH TARTS
- 1 cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, chilled and cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons ice water
- Place the flour and salt in the bowl of a food processor and process to blend. Add the butter and process until well-blended, about 10 seconds. With the machine running, add the water and process just until the mixture resembles fine curds of cheese and almost begins to form a ball, about 10 seconds more. Transfer to a clean work surface, and with the palm of your hand, smear the dough bit by bit across the work surface until the dough is thoroughly incorporated.
- Divide the dough into two even portions. Form each into a flattened round. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 48 hours.
- Roll each portion of dough into a 9-inch circle. Place on a baking sheet and refrigerate until ready to use.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.