- 4 pounds red bliss potatoes, quartered
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 4 cloves roasted garlic, peeled and smashed to a paste
- 8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with cold water and add 2 tablespoons of salt. Bring to a boil and cook until tender. Drain well and place back in the pan over low heat.
- Add the butter, buttermilk and garlic and mash until smooth. Fold in the bacon, season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.