- 1 1/4 pounds asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped drained bottled roasted red bell pepper
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- Pinch of sugar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
In a skillet of boiling, salted water, cook the asparagus over high heat until just tender, about 3 minutes. Drain well and transfer to 4 plates.
In a blender or mini-processor, combine the oil, vinegar, red pepper, garlic, mustard, thyme, sugar and salt and pepper; blend until smooth. Drizzle a third of the dressing over the asparagus and serve.