- 1 pound medium asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 cup drained bottled roasted red peppers (pimientos)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a medium skillet, combine the asparagus and 1/2 cup of water. Bring to a boil over moderately high heat and cook until the water is evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, puree the red peppers in a food processor. Add the mayonnaise and process until blended. Season with salt and black pepper and transfer to a small bowl.
- Add the oil to the asparagus and sauté over moderately high heat, turning until lightly colored, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a platter and serve with the red pepper mayonnaise.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.