- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 1 cup
This creamy, mayonnaise-free dressing is made primarily with blanched asparagus and canola oil. It’s a terrific, unexpected way to dress any salad.
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 3/4 cup grapeseed or canola oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Prepare a medium bowl of ice water. In a pot of salted boiling water, blanch the asparagus for 2 minutes. Transfer the asparagus to the ice bath to cool. Drain, chop and transfer to a food processor. Add the mustard, lemon juice and chives. With the machine on, add the oil in a steady stream until well blended. Strain through a fine sieve; discard the solids. Season with salt and pepper. Use on salad greens, grilled steak or roast chicken.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.