- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts only, sliced
- 1 quart vegetable stock, canned low-sodium broth or water
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 3/4 pounds medium asparagus, tips cut to 1 inch, stems chopped
- 3 cups spinach (3 1/2 ounces)
- 4 teaspoons nonfat plain yogurt
- Edible flowers, for garnish (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan. Add the leeks and cook over moderately low heat, stirring often, until softened, about 6 minutes. Add the stock, season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Add the asparagus stems and cook over moderately low heat until tender, about 6 minutes. Add the spinach and cook for 3 minutes.
- Puree the soup in a blender. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours or overnight. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the asparagus tips in a medium saucepan of boiling salted water until barely tender, about 4 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water. Drain again and pat dry. Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with the asparagus tips, yogurt and flowers.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.