- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
This superb version of tabbouleh has chopped asparagus as well as traditional bulgur, tomato, parsley and mint.
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Add the bulgur and cook until tender, about 10 minutes; drain. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet.
- Prepare a medium bowl of ice water. In a small pot of salted boiling water, blanch the asparagus for 2 minutes; transfer to the ice bath to cool. Drain, coarsely chop and transfer to a food processor. Pulse the asparagus until finely chopped. In a large bowl, combine the asparagus with the bulgur, tomato, parsley, scallions, mint, olive oil and lemon juice and toss. Season with salt and pepper.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.