- Flaky Tart Pastry
- 1/2 pound soft goat cheese
- 10 pencil-thin asparagus stalks, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small roasted red pepper, cut into thin strips
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 large egg yolk mixed with 1/2 teaspoon water
- 3 prosciutto slices, torn into pieces
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 450°. On a lightly floured sheet of parchment paper, roll out the Flaky Tart Pastry to a 13-inch round. Transfer the pastry and parchment to a baking sheet.
Spread the goat cheese on the pastry, leaving a 1-inch border. Toss the asparagus with the oil and arrange on the tart with the pepper strips; season with salt and pepper. Fold the edge of the pastry over onto the topping and brush the rim with the egg wash. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the pastry is golden. Let cool slightly, then scatter the prosciutto on top and serve.