- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 1/2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup lightly packed mesclun
- 1/2 cup lightly packed mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 4 ounces aged goat cheese, rind removed, cheese shaved
- 1 Hass avocado—halved, pitted and thinly sliced
- Four split 6-inch lengths of baguette, toasted (optional)
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 400°. On a baking sheet, toss half of the asparagus with 2 teaspoons of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 10 to 12 minutes, until tender and charred in spots. Let the asparagus cool.
Meanwhile, using a vegetable peeler, shave the remaining asparagus into long, thin strips. In a medium bowl, toss the shaved asparagus with the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. In another medium bowl, toss the mesclun and mint with the red wine vinegar and the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
Mound the roasted asparagus, goat cheese, shaved asparagus, mesclun mix and avocado on the baguettes and serve the sandwiches right away.