© Chris Chen
Asian Watercress Salad with Salmon
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Slideshow: More Amazing Salmon Recipes
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Thai red curry paste or Asian chili paste
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Four skinless 6-ounce salmon fillets
- 1 bunch of watercress (6 ounces), large stems discarded
- 1/2 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped peanuts
- Preheat the oven to 400°. In a small bowl, mix 3 tablespoons of the oil with the vinegar, curry paste, soy sauce and mustard and season with salt and pepper.
- Set a large ovenproof skillet over high heat. Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil in the skillet. Add the salmon fillets, skinned side up, season with salt and pepper and cook until browned on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Turn the fillets. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for about 5 minutes, or until just cooked through. Transfer the salmon to a platter and let cool to warm, then break it up into chunks.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss the watercress with the bean sprouts, mint, cilantro and peanuts. Add 5 tablespoons of the dressing and toss to coat. Mound the salad on plates and top with the salmon. Dab the remaining dressing on the salmon and serve.