- 3 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon rinsed and minced fermented black beans, or 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Wrap the sweet potatoes in foil and roast for about 35 minutes, or until tender. Let the potatoes cool slightly, then peel and cut them into 1-inch chunks.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a small skillet. Add the garlic, black beans and ginger and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until very fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and whisk in the vinegar and mustard. Transfer to a bowl and whisk in the remaining 1/2 cup of oil. Stir in the scallions and season with salt and pepper. Gently fold in the potatoes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.