Asian-Style Sautéed Mushrooms
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds mixed mushrooms, such as white button, oyster and stemmed shiitake, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Sesame seeds
- Asian sesame oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large skillet, melt the butter in the olive oil. Add the mushrooms and cook over moderately high heat, without stirring, until browned on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are browned and tender, about 6 minutes longer. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in the sesame seeds and sesame oil and season the mushrooms with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.