© Edward Pond
Asian-Style Orange Chicken
- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 35 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Four 1/2-pound bone-in chicken breast halves, with skin
- Preheat the oven to 500°. In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce with the brown sugar, orange juice concentrate, garlic, orange zest, ginger, salt and pepper. Add the chicken breasts and turn to coat. Transfer the chicken to a baking dish, skin side up.
- Roast the chicken in the center of the oven for 25 minutes, basting with the sauce 4 times, until the chicken is just cooked through and nicely glazed. Turn on the broiler and broil the chicken until browned, about 2 minutes.
Notes One Serving 384 calories, 18.4 gm total fat, 5.3 gm saturated fat, 9 gm carb.