© Tina Rupp
Asian Spinach Salad with Sausage and Pears
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Terrific Green Salads
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3/4 pound precooked chicken and apple sausage, cut on the diagonal into 1/2-inch slices
- One 5-ounce bag baby spinach
- 2 large Asian pears—peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- In a bowl, whisk the lemon juice, soy sauce, mustard and sesame oil. Slowly whisk in 1/2 cup of the vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet, toast the sesame seeds over high heat, shaking the pan until the seeds are fragrant, 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Heat the remaining vegetable oil in the skillet until shimmering. Add the sausages and cook over high heat until lightly browned, 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- In a large bowl, toss the spinach, pears and sesame seeds with half of the dressing; season with salt and pepper. Transfer to plates. Add the sausages to the bowl and toss with the remaining dressing. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the sausages to the plates and serve.