- 1/2 cup pecans, broken into large pieces (2 ounces)
- 6 cups rice-flake cereal, such as Special K (6 ounces)
- 5 sheets seasoned nori, crumbled (from one .74-ounce bag; see Note)
- 3 tablespoons yellow or white miso
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon wasabi powder or 1 1/2 teaspoons wasabi paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the pecans on a pie plate and toast for 6 minutes, until fragrant. Transfer to a bowl and let cool slightly. Add the cereal and nori and toss well.
- In a mini food processor, combine the miso, agave, wasabi and salt. Add the oil and process until smooth. Dollop the mixture over the flakes, pecans and nori and toss with your hands to coat evenly.
- Spread the mix on a parchment paper–lined rimmed baking sheet in an even layer. Toast for 18 minutes, stirring and tossing 2 or 3 times, until browned; the mix will crisp as it cools. Transfer to a bowl and serve.
The cooled snack mix can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
If seasoned nori is unavailable, use plain nori and add 1 teaspoon of toasted sesame oil to the food processor in Step 2.
Beer Hoppy IPA: Sixpoint Bengali Tiger.