Asian Shrimp Salad with Snow Peas, Jicama and Bell Peppers
- SERVINGS: 6
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds shelled rock shrimp or medium shrimp (split lengthwise)
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 pound snow peas
- 1 medium jicama (3/4 pound), peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over high heat. Add half of the shrimp and sauté until opaque and just cooked through, about 3 minutes; transfer to a large plate. Repeat with another 1 tablespoon of oil and the remaining shrimp; let cool.
- In a blender, combine the oyster sauce with the vinegar, mustard, ginger and garlic and puree. With the blender on, gradually add the remaining 6 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the snow peas and cook until bright green, about 1 1/2 minutes. Drain the snow peas, refresh under cold water and pat dry.
- In a serving bowl, combine the snow peas, jicama, peppers, onion and shrimp. Add the dressing, toss well and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle on the cilantro and serve with lemon wedges.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.