© Yunhee Kim
Asian Pork, Mushroom and Noodle Stir-Fry
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
This stir-fry calls for succulent pork tenderloin, shiitake, bok choy and chewy noodles—either Japanese curly noodles (available in the international aisle of supermarkets) or instant ramen.
Slideshow: More Fast Asian Recipes
- 8 ounces Japanese curly noodles or instant ramen
- 3/4 cup chicken stock or low-sodium broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing or dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons Asian sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 10 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 2 heads baby bok choy, sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions, then drain and rinse under cold water. In a measuring cup, mix the stock with the soy sauce, Shaoxing, sesame oil and crushed red pepper. In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch with the water.
- In a very large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the vegetable oil. Add the garlic and cook over moderate heat until golden, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the garlic to a plate. Add the eggs to the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until set, about 1 minute. Transfer the eggs to the plate. Season the pork with salt and pepper. Add the pork to the skillet and stir-fry over moderately high heat until browned and just cooked through, about 3 minutes. Transfer the pork to the plate with the garlic and egg.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and cook over moderate heat until tender, about 4 minutes. Add the bok choy and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the noodles and soy sauce and cornstarch mixtures and cook over moderate heat, tossing, until the sauce thickens, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic, egg, pork and any accumulated juices and cook, tossing until the pork is heated through, 1 minute. Transfer to bowls and serve.
Floral Pinot Noir.