© Rinne Allen
Asian Pear and Arugula Salad with Goat Cheese
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 10 servings
This simple salad has a perfect mix of bitter (arugula), sweet (Asian pear), tangy (lemon dressing) and crunchy (pumpkin seeds). Try it with green apples or Bosc pears if Asian pears are hard to find.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped thyme
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 5 ounces baby arugula
- 3 Asian pears (1 1/2 pounds)—peeled, cored and very thinly sliced on a mandoline, cores discarded
- 1/2 cup salted roasted pumpkin seeds
- 3 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- Sea salt, for sprinkling
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil with the lemon juice, honey and chopped thyme. Season the salad dressing with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss the arugula with the pear slices and pumpkin seeds. Add the dressing and toss well. Top with the crumbled goat cheese, sprinkle lightly with sea salt and serve right away.
Make Ahead The salad dressing can be refrigerated overnight.