Asian Pear and Arugula Salad with Goat Cheese
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 10 servings
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped thyme
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 5 ounces baby arugula
- 3 Asian pears (1 1/2 pounds)—peeled, cored and very thinly sliced on a mandoline, cores discarded
- 1/2 cup salted roasted pumpkin seeds
- 3 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- Sea salt, for sprinkling
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil with the lemon juice, honey and chopped thyme. Season the salad dressing with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss the arugula with the pear slices and pumpkin seeds. Add the dressing and toss well. Top with the crumbled goat cheese, sprinkle lightly with sea salt and serve right away.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.