- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons ketjap manis (see Note) or sweet soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced basil
- 1 tablespoon minced mint
- 3/4 teaspoon chile-garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Heat the oil in a medium skillet. Add the scallions, shallots, garlic and ginger and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until softened, about 4 minutes. Scrape the mixture into a medium bowl and let cool.
- Add the ground pork to the bowl, along with the egg white, ketjap manis, cilantro, basil, mint, chile-garlic paste, salt and white pepper and mix with your hands until thoroughly combined. Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and roll into balls.
- Transfer the meatballs to the prepared baking sheet and bake in the oven for 15 to 17 minutes, or until browned; Serve immediately.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.