Asian Meatball Wraps
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 20 wraps
- 1 1/2 pounds mixed ground beef, pork and veal
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 10 radicchio leaves
- 10 small butter lettuce leaves
- Mint leaves, for garnish
- Lime wedges and hot sauce, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°. In a large bowl, mix the ground meat with the garlic, shallot, fish sauce, lime zest, salt and pepper. Roll the mixture into 2-inch balls.
- In a large, ovenproof skillet, heat the vegetable oil until shimmering. Add the meatballs and cook over moderately high heat, turning occasionally until browned all over, about 7 minutes. Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast for 7 minutes, until cooked through.
- Set each meatball in a radicchio or lettuce leaf and garnish with the mint. Serve the wraps with hot sauce and lime wedges.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.