Asian Five-Spice Rub
- TOTAL TIME: 05 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes about 1/3 cup
Chinese five-spice rub is a bold mix of cinnamon, clove, fennel seed, star anise and Sichuan peppercorn. Grace Parisi loves the way these exotic, fragrant spices flavor fabulously sticky spareribs glazed with sweet hoisin sauce.
More Fast Asian Recipes
- 3 tablespoons Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients, pressing out any lumps of brown sugar.
Best Uses Try the rub on rib eye steaks, beef ribs, pork or chicken thighs.