Asian Coleslaw with Miso-Ginger Dressing
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6 to 8
This recipe makes twice as much dressing as you will need for the coleslaw. Keep the extra on hand for tossing with rice noodle salads, serving as a dip for crudités or spooning over broiled or sautéed fish.
- 1/4 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons white (shiro) miso
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- Pinch of sugar
- 3/4 cup grapeseed or vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 small green cabbage, shredded (4 cups)
- 1/2 small red cabbage, shredded (4 cups)
- 4 medium carrots, shredded
- 4 radishes, shredded
- 3 large scallions, white and light green parts only, julienned
- In a food processor, combine the rice vinegar, miso, mayonnaise, lemon juice, ginger and sugar and process until completely smooth. With the machine on, add the grapeseed oil in a slow and steady stream. Season the dressing with salt and pepper. Pour 1/2 cup of the dressing into a large bowl and refrigerate the rest for another use.
- Add the green and red cabbage, carrots, radishes and scallions to the bowl and toss to coat thoroughly with the dressing. Serve slightly chilled or at room temperature.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.