Asian Coconut-Milk Shrimp
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 medium shallot, very finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 pounds shelled and deveined medium shrimp
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- Steamed rice, for serving
- 1/4 cup dry-roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped
- In a large skillet, heat the canola oil. When it begins to shimmer, add the chopped shallot and cook over moderate heat until softened, about 1 minute. Stir in the jalapeño and lime zest, then pour in the coconut milk. Add the sugar, season generously with salt and bring to a simmer. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring frequently, until opaque, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chopped cilantro. Spoon the shrimp and sauce over steamed rice, sprinkle with the peanuts and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.