© Tina Rupp
Asian Chicken and Rice-Noodle Salad with Peanuts
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Plus: More Chicken Recipes and Tips
- 8 ounces rice noodles (pad thai noodles)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 small Thai chiles stemmed, seeded and chopped, or 1 jalapeño with seeds, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- 1 large scallion, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 3 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 roasted whole chicken breast, skin and bones discarded, meat shredded (2 cups)
- 2 carrots, coarsely shredded
- 1 Kirby cucumber—peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 large radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup torn cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup torn mint leaves
- 1/4 cup roasted unsalted peanuts, coarsely chopped (1 ounce)
- Lime wedges, for serving
- In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the rice noodles until they are al dente, 6 to 7 minutes. Drain and rinse them under running water until cold. Shake out the excess water and pat the noodles thoroughly dry with paper towels.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the coarsely chopped ginger with the Thai chiles, scallion pieces and smashed garlic and pulse until chopped. Add the fish sauce, lime juice and sugar and process until smooth.
- Transfer the rice noodles to a large serving bowl. Add the chicken, carrots, cucumber, radishes, cilantro and mint and toss. Add the dressing and toss until evenly coated. Sprinkle the rice noodles with peanuts and serve with lime wedges.
NotesOne serving 427 calories, 7.6 gm total fat, 1.5 gm saturated fat, 61 gm carb.