Asian Bar Mix
- SERVINGS: Makes 3 cups
The sesame sticks, wasabi peas, almonds and peanuts make this irresistible bar mix wonderfully crunchy.
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon each of Chinese five-spice powder and kosher salt
- 1 cup of sesame sticks
- 1 cup of wasabi peas
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1 sheet of nori, cut into small rectangles
- Mix unsalted butter, soy sauce, sugar, cayenne pepper, Chinese five-spice powder and kosher salt. Add sesame sticks, wasabi peas, raw almonds, unsalted roasted peanuts and nori. Toss well.
- Spread the mix on a baking sheet and roast at 250° for 1 hour, stirring once, until the nuts are toasted and the coating is dry. Let cool before serving.