- 3/4 pound young arugula (8 cups)
- 1 cup lightly packed basil leaves
- 4 small garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon rosemary leaves
- 4 cups vegetable stock or canned vegetable broth
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup milk
How to make this recipe
In a blender, combine the arugula with the basil, garlic, butter, thyme, oregano and rosemary and pulse until finely chopped. Add 1/4 cup of the vegetable stock and puree until smooth. Transfer the puree to a large saucepan and stir in the remaining 3 3/4 cups of vegetable stock. Bring to a simmer over moderately low heat and season with salt and pepper.
Rinse out the blender. Add the Parmesan and milk and puree until smooth. Transfer the cream to a small heatproof bowl set over a small saucepan of simmering water and stir until warm, about 2 minutes. Ladle the soup into plates and serve with a swirl of Parmesan cream.