Â© Lucy Schaeffer
Arugula Salad with Ricotta Salata
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Chef Way For this crunchy, nutty salad, Lidia Bastianich likes to use dandelion greens, which aren't always easy to find.
Easy Way Arugula stands in for the elusive dandelion greens.
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 cup salted roasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- 3 bunches arugula, thick stems discarded
- 1/2 pound ricotta salata cheese, shaved with a peeler
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a blender, blend the oil, vinegar, honey and 2 tablespoons of the almonds; transfer to a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients, season with salt and pepper and toss. Serve right away.