Arugula Salad with Prosciutto and Oyster Mushrooms
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 10
When he was a boy, mushrooms in the woods around his house. In this elegant salad, he tosses lightly sautéed oyster mushrooms with arugula and tops them with thin slices of prosciutto and Pecorino Toscano.
Chef Holiday Recipes Made Easy
More Salad Recipes
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound oyster mushrooms, thickly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 4 inner celery ribs, cut into 2-by-1/4-inch matchsticks, plus 1/4 cup celery leaves, for garnish
- 10 cups baby arugula (10 ounces)
- 6 ounces Pecorino Toscano, shaved with a vegetable peeler (1 1/2 cups)
- 6 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto di Parma
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until tender and lightly browned, about 6 minutes. Transfer the mushrooms to a bowl and let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk the vinegar with the lemon zest and the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Add the celery matchsticks, arugula and mushrooms and gently toss. Transfer the salad to a large platter or bowl, top with the Pecorino Toscano, prosciutto and celery leaves and serve right away.