Arugula Salad with Prosciutto and Oyster Mushrooms
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 10
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound oyster mushrooms, thickly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 4 inner celery ribs, cut into 2-by-1/4-inch matchsticks, plus 1/4 cup celery leaves, for garnish
- 10 cups baby arugula (10 ounces)
- 6 ounces Pecorino Toscano, shaved with a vegetable peeler (1 1/2 cups)
- 6 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto di Parma
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until tender and lightly browned, about 6 minutes. Transfer the mushrooms to a bowl and let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk the vinegar with the lemon zest and the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Add the celery matchsticks, arugula and mushrooms and gently toss. Transfer the salad to a large platter or bowl, top with the Pecorino Toscano, prosciutto and celery leaves and serve right away.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.