Arugula Salad With Potatoes and Green Beans
- ACTIVE: 30 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 6
Use fingerling, Yellow Finn or Yukon Gold potatoes in this salad and toss them gently with the vinaigrette so they keep their shape.
- 2 pounds small potatoes
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 6 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 pound green beans, halved crosswise
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
- Boiling water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 1/2 pound young arugula, trimmed
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400°. In a shallow baking dish, toss the potatoes with the garlic and 1 teaspoon of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, cover and roast for 35 to 40 minutes, or until tender. Let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add the green beans and boil until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water, then drain again.
- In a large bowl, whisk the remaining 6 tablespoons of olive oil with 2 1/2 tablespoons of the vinegar and mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a glass measuring cup, cover the red onion with boiling water and let stand for 30 seconds. Drain and stir in the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of vinegar.
- Halve or quarter the potatoes. Add them to the vinaigrette with the onion, capers and any garlic from the baking dish and toss gently. Add the arugula and green beans, toss again and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.