Arugula Salad with Olives, Feta and Dill
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 10
To jazz up arugula salad and give it a slightly Greek twist, Michael Symon tosses it with chopped fresh dill, briny Greek feta cheese and kalamata olives. He finishes the salad with extra-virgin Greek olive oil, which he says has a pure flavor and is generally more affordable than olive oil from Italy.
- 1 red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 cup crumbled Greek feta cheese (5 ounces)
- 14 ounces baby arugula (20 cups)
- In a large bowl, toss the onion, garlic and olives with the oil and vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour. Stir in the dill and feta, then add the arugula and toss gently. Serve right away.