Arugula Salad with Candied Walnuts
- SERVINGS: 6
Candied walnuts are available at specialty markets and nut shops. Alternatively, you can use plain walnuts; it's best to toast them first in the oven.
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons walnut oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 bunches arugula, trimmed
- 1/2 cup candied walnuts (about 3 ounces)
- 1 medium Bartlett pearhalved, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled Maytag blue cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the vinegar and shallot. Whisk in the olive and walnut oils and season with salt and pepper. Add the arugula, walnuts and pear slices, season with salt and pepper and toss well. Scatter the blue cheese on top and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.