- 2 pounds small potatoes
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 6 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 pound green beans, halved crosswise
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
- Boiling water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 1/2 pound young arugula, trimmed
How to make this recipe
1. Preheat the oven to 400°. In a shallow baking dish, toss the potatoes with the garlic and 1 teaspoon of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, cover and roast for 35 to 40 minutes, or until tender. Let cool slightly.
Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add the green beans and boil until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water, then drain again.
In a large bowl, whisk the remaining 6 tablespoons of olive oil with 2 1/2 tablespoons of the vinegar and mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
In a glass measuring cup, cover the red onion with boiling water and let stand for 30 seconds. Drain and stir in the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of vinegar.
Halve or quarter the potatoes. Add them to the vinaigrette with the onion, capers and any garlic from the baking dish and toss gently. Add the arugula and green beans, toss again and serve.
The potato salad can be made up to 4 hours ahead. Add the arugula and green beans before serving.
One Serving 197 calories, 15.2 gm total fat, 2.1 gm saturated fat, 14 gm carb.