- 1 cup walnut pieces (4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons full-bodied red wine
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 16 cups packed arugula leaves ( 3/4 pound)
- 1/2 pound white or cremini mushrooms, stems trimmed, thinly sliced
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 400°. In a pie plate, toast the walnuts for about 6 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool.
- In a bowl, whisk the olive oil with the wine. Season with the salt and pepper. In a large bowl, combine the arugula, mushrooms and walnuts. Add the dressing and toss to coat. Serve on salad plates.