Arugula, Mint and Sautéed Shiitake Mushroom Salad
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded and caps thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound arugula, thick stems discarded
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced mint
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the lemon zest and juice and whisk in the olive oil until smooth. Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil. Add the sliced shiitake and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook over moderate heat, stirring a few times, until tender and browned, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate and let cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, toss the arugula with the mushrooms and mint. Pour the dressing over the salad, toss well and serve.