Arugula, Fresh Corn and Tomato Salad
- SERVINGS: 8
While working on a farm in Sonoma County, Randy Windham made a version of this salad every night with produce freshly picked from the fields.
- 1/4 cup Champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 ears white corn with small kernels, shucked
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 loosely packed cups arugula or peppercress (about 3/4 pound)
- 3 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 fresh organic nasturtiums (see Note), gently torn into bite-size pieces (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix the Champagne vinegar with the minced shallots and season the mixture with salt and pepper. Let the shallots stand in the vinegar for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, using a sharp, thin knife and working over another bowl, cut the kernels from the ears of white corn.
- Whisk the olive oil into the Champagne vinegar and shallots until blended. Add the arugula and toss with the dressing. Add the cherry tomatoes and the corn kernels and toss gently. Transfer the salad to a large platter, scatter the nasturtiums on top and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.