- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Eugenia Bone, prolific home cook, writer and author of Well-Preserved, serves this simple green salad with a cheese plate and plenty of rustic bread. She always includes Taleggio and aged Parmigiano-Reggiano, as well as fresh imported sheep's-milk ricotta whenever she can find it at the market.
- 1 tablespoon very finely chopped shallot
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 ounces baby arugula leaves, washed and spun dry
- 1/2 fennel bulb, cored and very thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large salad bowl, whisk together the chopped shallot, lemon juice and mustard. Gradually add the oil, whisking constantly, until the vinaigrette is emulsified and creamy-looking. Add the baby arugula and sliced fennel to the salad bowl, season the salad with salt and black pepper and toss well. Serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.