- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 small head of radicchio, leaves torn into 2-inch pieces
- 1 bunch of arugula (4 ounces)
- 1 small fennel bulb—halved lengthwise, cored and sliced paper thin crosswise
- 1 cup pitted dried plums (prunes), quartered
- 3 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
How to make this recipe
- In a small skillet, toast the pine nuts over moderate heat, shaking the pan, until golden brown, about 2 minutes; transfer to a plate to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk the balsamic and red wine vinegars with the olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss the radicchio with the arugula, fennel, dried plums and pine nuts. Add the vinaigrette and toss. Transfer the salad to a platter, scatter the goat cheese on top and serve.
The tart goat cheese and peppery arugula in this salad will harmonize with the acidity of a tangy Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc.