Â© Fredrika StjÃ¤rne
Arugula and Sauteed Shiitake Mushroom Salad with Mint
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
More Great Green Salads
Make-Ahead Picnic Salads
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded, caps thinly sliced
- 8 ounces arugula
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced mint leaves
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the lemon zest and juice. Whisk in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil. Add the shiitake mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook over moderate heat, stirring a few times, until browned, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate and let cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl, toss the arugula with the shiitakes, mint and dressing. Serve the salad right away.