Arugula and Pea Shoot Salad with Smoked Salmon
- SERVINGS: 4
It's awfully hard to slice vegetables thinly and consistently using a knife. That's why chefs use a mandoline for perfect slices of celery root or other hard vegetables, as in this recipe. You don't need an expensive stainlesssteel model, the plastic ones work very well.
More Terrific Salads
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons white truffle oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 pound celery root, peeled
- 1/4 pound arugula (8 cups)
- 2 ounces pea shoots (2 packed cups)
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced smoked salmon, cut into 1/4-inch-wide strips
- In a small bowl, mix the lemon juice with the truffle oil and season with salt and pepper. Set aside until ready to use.
- Using a mandoline, slice the celery root very thinly. Stack the slices and cut them into very fine strips.
- In a large bowl, toss the arugula with the pea shoots, celery root and smoked salmon. Add the dressing and toss well. Mound the salad on plates and serve.