Arugula and Pea Shoot Salad with Smoked Salmon
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 4
It's awfully hard to slice vegetables thinly and consistently using a knife. That's why chefs use a mandoline for perfect slices of celery root or other hard vegetables, as in this recipe. You don't need an expensive stainlesssteel model, the plastic ones work very well.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons white truffle oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 pound celery root, peeled
- 1/4 pound arugula (8 cups)
- 2 ounces pea shoots (2 packed cups)
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced smoked salmon, cut into 1/4-inch-wide strips
- In a small bowl, mix the lemon juice with the truffle oil and season with salt and pepper. Set aside until ready to use.
- Using a mandoline, slice the celery root very thinly. Stack the slices and cut them into very fine strips.
- In a large bowl, toss the arugula with the pea shoots, celery root and smoked salmon. Add the dressing and toss well. Mound the salad on plates and serve.