- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound spring onions, white bulb only, sliced, or 1 small white onion, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 pound pizza dough
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 1/2 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled (6 tablespoons )
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (1 1/2 ounces)
- 1/4 pound young arugula, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces, toasted and coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 500°. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the sliced onions, season with salt and pepper and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the onion is softened, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the wine and cook until evaporated, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pizza dough to a 12-inch round. Spray a baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray, sprinkle with cornmeal and transfer the dough to the sheet. Spread the onion on top and sprinkle with the Gorgonzola and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan.
- Bake the pizza for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the crust is golden. Sprinkle with the arugula, toasted walnuts and the remaining 1/4 cup of Parmesan. Slice into wedges and serve.
One Serving 268 calories, 13.9 gm total fat, 4.5 gm saturated fat, 29 gm carb.