© John Kernick
Arugula-and-Frisée Salad with Peas, Pistachios and Pecorino
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
The bright spring flavors of peas and mint convey an Aries kind of energy. Adding salty roasted pistachios and shavings of Pecorino Romano cheese to the salad give it a great nuttiness.
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 5 ounces baby arugula
- 1 large head frisée, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup frozen baby peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup salted roasted pistachios, chopped
- 1 cup shaved Pecorino Romano cheese (3 ounces)
- In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the olive oil and season the dressing with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the arugula, frisée, mint, parsley and peas. Add the dressing and toss well. Add the pistachios and Pecorino, toss again and serve.
Make Ahead The dressing can be refrigerated overnight.