Arugula and Endive Salad with Pine Nuts and Parmesan
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 Belgian endives, thinly sliced crosswise
- One 6-ounce bunch of arugula, thick stems discarded
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese shavings
- In a small skillet, toast the pine nuts over moderately low heat, shaking the skillet occasionally, until golden, about 4 minutes. Transfer the pine nuts to a plate to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil with the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Add the endive, arugula, tomatoes, Parmesan cheese shavings and the toasted pine nuts and toss thoroughly. Serve right away.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.