Artichokes Simmered with Green Beans and Bacon
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 4 strips of bacon, sliced crosswise 1/2 inch thick
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 garlic cloves, very thinly sliced
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 pound thin green beans
- Two 9-ounce packages frozen quartered artichoke hearts, thawed and drained
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- In a medium saucepan, heat the 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the bacon and cook over moderate heat until the fat is rendered, about 3 minutes. Add the onion, carrot and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are slightly softened, about 4 minutes. Add the water, wine, lemon juice, thyme leaves and bay leaf, cover and simmer until the onion and carrot are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the green beans and artichokes, cover and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Discard the bay leaf. Add the parsley and transfer to bowls. Serve with a drizzle of olive oil.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.