- SERVINGS: 8
Flatbush Farm • Brooklyn, NY
Flatbush Farm feels like a cross between a French bistro, an English pub and a Brooklyn neighborhood joint, and the bar menu includes corresponding comfort foods. One is this all-American, over-the-top, cheese-smothered dip.
- 1 large jalapeño
- Four 9-ounce boxes frozen artichokes—thawed, drained and coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco
- 2 1/2 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- Crackers or sliced baguette, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Roast the jalapeño directly over a gas flame, turning, until charred all over. Let cool, then peel and seed the jalapeño and cut it into 1/4-inch dice.
- In a large bowl, mix the artichokes with the jalapeño, mayonnaise, Parmigiano, garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and Tabasco. Transfer the mixture to a 1-quart baking dish. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until hot.
- Preheat the broiler. Sprinkle the shredded cheddar evenly over the hot dip. Broil for about 2 minutes, until browned in spots and bubbly. Serve hot or warm, with crackers.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.